Sunday 8 September 2013

Sixties Sunday


Well, summer is definitely over in London. I woke up this afternoon with that good old feeling of cold humidity seeping into my bones... If it wasn't for my birthday, I really would hate autumn in this country. It's such a gloomy season! It's that time of the year when the sun sets at 9, but really you need the lights on from 6, when it's too cold and wet to go outside, but the uncomfortable humidity indoors is something no hot chocolate can cure, when you find yourself pining for dry, crisp winter in the never-ending grey of the autumn day. Gloomy, gloomy, gloomy as hell. Somebody PLEASE find me an antique-style riding coat to wait out the season in style. In the meantime, I've decided to cheer myself up with new vintage clothing. Vintage clothing, and a lot of cherry tea.




 Shirt - thrifted
Knitted skirt - Primark
Shoes - Truffle
 


This is the most clothes I've worn in months!

 

 








I decided to try my new Scunci hair padding, but simply couldn't keep a straight face today... What do you think?

Yes, I always match my drinks to my clothes...

I'm so happy about my new leather bag!! It's actually a vintage camera case, but it's the perfect size to hold everything I need without being too bulky. I went and raided the Blitz vintage store near Brick Lane the other day (more on this later), and it took all the willpower I had not to buy the whole shop. I did also get  earrings, though! Big plastic tartan hoops, which you can sort of see in the photos. I usually stay well clear of secondhand earrings, but I just couldn't resist. Tartan just has that effect on me! Must be a remnant of my high school punk phase.

Bootcut sleeves?
White rose ring


No comments:

Post a Comment