Friday 11 April 2014

Affordable Fashion and the CIRCUS

I AM SO EXCITED. In case that didn't quite come across, let me reiterate. I AM SO EXCITED.

THE CIRCUS IS IN TOWN.


I'M GOING TO THE CIRCUS!

The Moscow State Circus is in town, and I went to get my tickets yesterday. If I wasn't excited enough by the sheer prospect of it, the trip there certainly made sure to correct that. They've erected a huge circus tent in the forest surrounding Alexandra Palace, and the location is absolutely magical.

I don't know what it is about the circus, but I've always been absolutely fascinated by it. The aesthetic of it, the atmosphere, the music... I don't know, nothing else really ever compares. Even world-class acts like Cirque du Soleil seem a little pale to me next to the fun fair-esque entertainment of the People that the circus endeavours to be. Believe it or not, I am actually jumping up and down in excitement as I type.

I couldn't possibly go check out the circus without dressing up for it, so here's the outfit I put together for the occasion:


And then again, this is nothing compared to what I will wear on the day of the performance...



Top - Primark
Bra with criss-cross straps - H&M
Skirt - numph
Shoes - Baker
Jacket - Collectif
Jewellery - Hutan Tulang



No comments:

Post a Comment