Friday 12 April 2013

Do you hear the people sing?

Confession: I am obsessed with Les Mis. Musical, films, novel, soundtrack, being french means I've been exposed to it all from a very young age. I saw the musical for the first time when I was 7, the year I moved to London...and I distinctly remember wanting to be Gavroche. To be honest, I still do.

So when the movie came out, and I went to see it not once, but twice (stay tuned for a review), I felt, for the first time in my life, like I should flaunt my french-ness. See, painting your nails like the french flag felt a bit tacky. In the context of a cinematic phenomenon, on the other hand...



I couldn't tell you what nail polish I used, because I was having one of those "my room is so messy I can't find anything $%*(@%tuwilfsdjlk" moments and had to resort to mixing colours on a plate to get the shades I wanted. 

I got the design idea from another blog, and decided to try my luck. The flags were done by using a sponge as a stencil on a white background.

Funnily enough, it's easy to tell who hasn't seen Les Mis - they always ask me why I have "one red nail and one black nail"...

No comments:

Post a Comment