Friday 19 April 2013

Halloween Pin-up

Morning! I realize I pick an odd time of the year to go back on my Halloween outfit, but I came across some pictures last night and thought it was share-worthy... Or maybe I'm just vain ;)




Every year, I go to Voodoo Rock night for Halloween. They're amazing rock parties in Electrowerks, Angel with bbq, face paints, live bands and even horror films playing through the night, along with several rooms of musical goodness. Check it out here if you're interested.

Oddly enough, every year I also ruin my costume and almost take myself down with it. The first year I went there, the tassels on my bellydancing costume kept falling off until there was barely anything keeping it together. The second year, my shoes snapped right in the middle as I was going down the stairs and I dislocated my thumb. So taking into account just how damn accident prone I am - or at least how blatantly cursed this place is - I went with a pinup costume, which I thought was fairly safe and foolproof.

Boy, was I wrong. As we were queuing to get in the sole of my trusted black heel caught on something, and I had to go dig around for a strip of plastic to hold my shoe together for the rest of the night.

Sexy bandage for my shoe...


"In Girl World, Halloween is the one night a year when a girl can dress like a total slut and no other girls can say anything about it." This is particularly true at Voodoo, where everything is so gaudy (in the best possible way!). This meant I could go short short short!






Basque - H&M lingerie

Velvet skirt - made by a friend

Suspenders & Stockings - Intimissimi


I kept the makeup simple, with red lipstick by L'Oreal (286 Burning Rose)
and eyeliner by Urban Decay
I love this one, it makes me look like a wax doll...

Oh, one last note of warning - stay away from the green webs. The next morning that stuff was EVERYWHERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment